Monday, November 21, 2016

Thanksgiving and the Circle of Life: Transitions--2016

                     Traditions and Transitions Impact Aging Parents
                                   and the Elders We Care About



 
Last year my annual Thanksgiving post focused on turning over a tradition, hosting Thanksgiving dinner, to the next generation. For me it signaled a major transition. We had hosted Thanksgiving dinner for family and friends since the first year of our marriage--whether we were in the East, West, or Southwest. Little did I know that now, a year later, my husband wouldn't be alive. But since I'd relinquished the Thanksgiving tradition last year, being a guest for Thanksgiving this year was easy and welcomed at a time of many transitions that aren't always easy....or welcomed.

Please visit my other site to view entire post.

1 comment:

  1. The first step is understanding what type of care you will need for your parent, who will be the caregiver, and how much time they can commit each day or week. The next step is finding a home care agency that offers the type of care you need for your loved one in your area.
    Taking Care of Aging Parent

    ReplyDelete